Vibe setting. It’s something we take very seriously at the Shop – and yes, it’s a technical term – from lighting, to décor, to perhaps most importantly, music. One of our vibe-setting geniuses is Shop assistant manager, Gemma Quarry – a multi-talented barista, manager and vibe-setter who always picks out the right tunes.
We asked Gemma for some music recs for different moments throughout the day. Read on for a few that might lift your mood!
When the music is an energy boost (think: 8:30am session on empowerment):
- Lord Huron (It’s indie, very uplifting)
- Khruangbin (It’s a whole spectrum of instrumental music – from calm to funky – always with a great bassline)
When the music supports your flow (think: lunch time prep):
- Buena Vista Social Club (They’re a Cuban musical collective that makes you feel like you’re dancing or lounging on a patio)
- Shuggie Otis radio (A multitalented singer, songwriter, and producer with amazing guitar)
When the music is stress relief (think: your to-do list is getting the best of you):
- Daniel Caesar (When you just need good, calm, sugary vibes)
- Anderson .Paak (It’s more upbeat than Daniel Caesar, but that’s a front to back record that reminds you everything is okay)
- Maleek Berry (The vibe is heavenly – it’s percussive, it’s melodic)
When the music starts the party (think: happy hour is bumpin’):